Erin/Sull's Blog

Why not create a blog? Everyone else is doing it. And yes, I would jump off the Brooklyn Bridge if everyone else was doing it. Otherwise I'd be left alone standing on the bridge. And while it provides one hell of a view, I'd eventually get lonely.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Worst. Blogger. Ever.

Yep, that's me. Worst blogger ever. I'd have to say no posts in two months would earn me that prize.

And now more than ever I have no excuse for not posting regularly, considering I am without employment. Unemployed. Jobless. Take your pick of phrases. In other words, no excuses for not getting something done.

So, here's my attempt at getting back into the blogging routine. This was prompted in part by my friend Nick's post about what albums you would want with you if you were stranded on an island. Nick was talking about "rock" albums but this is the closest I get to rock with rare exceptions.

Here are my five, in no particular order:

Jeff Buckley - Grace
Bruce Springsteen - The Essential
The Jayhawks - Rainy Day Music
Cat Stevens - Saturnight
Simon & Garfunkel - The Concert in Central Park (Live)

But if the island I'm stranded on is anything like the island on 'Lost' with polar bears and crazy criminal cohorts and hatches and invisible monsters, then I'm also going to need a little ABBA Greatest Hits to lighten the mood every now and then. Yes, I'm serious.

What are your top five? I'm not picky -- rock, pop, show tunes, cheese, i don't care. Post in the comments section below.

P.S. This post is for you, Donovan, of course. :)

* Song: Blue Eyes by Cary Brothers, from the 'Garden State' soundtrack
* Blog You Should Be Reading: Nicks' blog, Radio Free 2 Socks, to see what his peeps would bring to the island.
* Holy Crap Moment: Pac-Man Turns 25
* Featured Video/Audio: This one has made the rounds but just in case you haven't seen it or just want to see it again, here you go: A Young Sportscaster

1 Comments:

  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger 2socks said…

    well, since turnabout is fair play, here's my desert island picks (for this particular day and no beers in my belly):

    red hot chili peppers - bloodsugarsexmagik

    jeff buckley - grace (nicely done, erin)

    moe. - orpheum theater, boston, 11/17/03

    soundgarden - superunknown

    phish - rift

     

Post a Comment

<< Home