Erin/Sull's Blog

Why not create a blog? Everyone else is doing it. And yes, I would jump off the Brooklyn Bridge if everyone else was doing it. Otherwise I'd be left alone standing on the bridge. And while it provides one hell of a view, I'd eventually get lonely.

Monday, April 04, 2005

Oh Wells!

After a looong night celebrating my best friend Rachel's 30th birthday in Newport, RI, I skipped lunch and hit the road for Maryland by 1pm in an attempt to make it home in time for the Sox-Yankees season opener. Today I wonder why I bothered.

I know, I know, the Red Sox finally won the World Series, I can die happy, I have nothing to complain about, now I can just enjoy the games, blah, blah, blah. I think Chad really believed that's how it was going to be, because he seemed surprised (which is a nice way of saying annoyed) when about five minutes into the game I was already cursing loudly.

The truth is, the World Series win doesn't make me any less pissed that:

* Hideki Matsui used his go-go-gadget arm (and a little help from Mother Nature) to rob my boy Kevin Millar of a home run early in the game

* Our No. 1 starter David Wells (those two phrases just should not go together for the 2005 Boston Red Sox) not only couldn't get out of the 5th but balked (!) just in case anyone was thinking he might be able to pull it together

* Nothing was going right for the Sox. Our 1-4 hitters were a combined 1-for-16. Our bullpen quickly took away any hope of a comeback. Our defense gave the Skankee fans something to jeer at. Just an all-around embarassing outing.

Thankfully, after the game ESPN showed "Red Sox: The Off Season" (or something like that) which brought me happily back to my warm-and-fuzzy Sox place. I remained there today, if only because the Sox had an off-day. See, I'm still the same old Sox fan.

Speaking of the Sox, check out Wally's European Vacation.

* Song: One Shining Moment
* Holy Crap Moment: I know I've had time to get used to it, and his comments on the way out should make it easier to take, but Pedro in a Mets uniform is just weird!
* Featured Quote: "He may be old, and he may be fat, but he has some good pitches." -- Chad on David Wells
* Must-See Picture: From Rach's 30th Birthday Night I think this picture accurately sums up the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home